To make payment to AHSGR by check or to provide credit card information by mail
or fax, use your printed Summary Report.
Fields marked with a RED border are required
Is this a new membership application, or are you renewing your pre-existing membership?
An international organization dedicated to the discovery, collection, preservation,
and dissemination of information related to the history, cultural heritage and genealogy
of Germanic Settlers in the Russian Empire and their descendants.
Organization & Management Structure (a non-profit Corp- oration): AHSGR Society &
International Foundation of AHSGR
Cultural Heritage Research Center & Museum (HQ), 631 D St, Lincoln, NE 68502-1199
Study & Research History, Culture & Genealogy
- Staff research & translation
- Archives, Library & Holdings
- Publications & Newsletters
- Clues – A genealogy helper
- SOAR – Saving Our Ancestral Records: an online research database utilizing
- Engaged in village historical, cultural, genealogical, geographic, pictorial &
- Village newsletters – annual or more frequent (may be a fee for coordinator’s
- Village Coordinator lead programs at AHSGR Annual Convention
- Visit & share with other researchers from the same village to exchange information,
ideas & data resources
- Discuss research problems & successes relating to your ancestral village and area
- An AHSGR publication, a genealogy research tool
- Enables AHSGR members who are researching similar names to engage in correspondence
that can prove mutually beneficial
- You must submit a Family Group Chart and an Ancestral Chart, completed to the extent you can, OR a GEDCOM data file of your records for inclusion in Clues
- Section I is the Surname Exchange list of names presently being researched
- Section II identifies the person who is researching a listed name & with whom you can
correspond to exchange or acquire research data
- Clues lists a network of volunteer AHSGR Village Coordinators who are available
to assist researchers with questions about their ancestral village
- Clues provides instructions for submitting your genealogy information to AHSGR
- AHSGR actively solicits members to submit their genealogy information to a secure
repository so that information is available to patrons that have a desire to further
their genealogy research & help discover & preserve the history, cultural, heritage
& genealogy of Germanic Settlers in the Russian Empire & their descendants.
Please select whether or not to publish your information to other AHSGR members.
Please note, that to be listed in Clues, the genealogy helper publication,
As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) formal membership
organization, members have a voice in the structure & priorities of the organization.
Members have a right to elect Board Members & Officers, & approve amendments to
AHSGR Membership Benefits include, but not limited to:
- Services of an active genealogy program, staff researchers, and the opportunity
to correspond with others researching similar family ties
- Publications that include four issues of the Journal
& the Newsletter, and a triennial issue of Clues
- a genealogy helper (Premium/Contributing and Life memberships)
- Use of more than 6,000 books, manuscripts, journals, family histories, maps, census
lists, and other publications in the AHSGR archives and library through interlibrary
- Discounts: book, chart, map, CD/DVD & other purchases
- Reduced registration at annual AHSGR conventions
- Opportunity to participate in local and regional activities
- Your annual membership & donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by
Members enjoy many more benefits, but the most important is working with like-minded
researchers & decision makers to shape, build & guide our Society for today & tomorrow
- What we do as a unified Society touches everyone in some way
- When you join AHSGR, you enter a network of members who form lifelong bonds, honor
their ancestors & promote historical, literary, education, preservation, & charitable
- Your membership, which vary by level & type, provide significant AHSGR financial security
Discover more about memberships and benefits in Section 3. Choose the membership
level that is best for you.
For junior memberships, the year of birth and parent/guardian name(s) must be provided
except for 18-years and older Students
Supporting Organization Membership: $50 (Non-voting member)
Association/Corporation/Library/College/University) (Membership Type is ‘Organization’)
(Receives Journals and Newsletters except NO Member benefits, voting rights, Members Only SOAR* or Clues)
Saving Our Ancestral Records (SOAR), with no fee or masking of search results. Open Access SOAR is accessible by all members and non-members.
Members Only SOAR is Open Access SOAR plus additional research data that will be available to authorized membership levels sometime in mid-2014.
See the SOAR description at http://www.ahsgr.org/membership.htm. (AHSGR Membership website.)
If form entries are complete, click "Continue" to review and print.